SMA Academic Scholarship Applications 2023
- Applicants must be an employee, dependent, child, spouse and/or grandchild of someone employed by a company with membership in the Southwest Movers Association. All SMA members, movers and associates are able to apply.
- High school senior, graduate or equivalent, or current university or college student
- Previous scholarship recipients may apply if eligibility standards are met
- Full-Time Enrollment - Minimum 12 hours per semester at a university, college or community college for the 2023-2024 school year
Requirements This Submittable Application Form with the following required attached files:
- Transcript - most recent high school or college transcript
- Letters of Recommendation - Letters of recommendation should be recent and come from non-familial sources, such as a teacher, counselor or supervisor. Letters of recommendation should not come from a previous SMA scholarships application. Applicants must include a minimum of two letters with a maximum of three accepted.
Application Review Applications are reviewed by the SMA Foundation Board of Trustees; scholarships are awarded based on personal narrative, academic achievement, community involvement, financial need as well as other qualifications. Scholarship funds will be mailed directly to the school upon verification of full-time enrollment; funds are divided equally between the fall and spring semesters of the 2023-2024 academic year and may be used to meet such expenses as tuition, books and housing.
The deadline for submitting applications is Monday, April 17, 2023. The deadline will not be extended. Applicants are responsible for ensuring all supporting documents are submitted.
The SMA Foundation Scholarship program does not discriminate against students on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin or disability. Notification: Applicants will receive notification by July 1, 2023. Ultimate application status is not available prior to this date; you may contact the SMA Foundation for application status after July 1 if notification has not been received. You can check the general status of your application by logging into Submittable. For technical support in completing your application or accessing your account, please email Submittable technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org.